Reporting to Uhuru’s Director of Production, the Project Assistant provides direct support to the Project Managers and Logistics Manager. This is a full time Brooklyn-based position. Some travel may be required.
- Evaluate and perform on site and in-shop repairs
- Provide administrative support to Project Managers
- Assembly and Installation of Uhuru furniture (local and travel)
- Maintain inventory of Uhuru standard finish samples library and order samples as required
- Assist Project Managers with project quoting
- Assist Project Managers with project analytics
- Perform deliveries of Uhuru product between vendors, production facilities, office and clients
- Help maintain Brooklyn shop and equipment
Skills and Qualifications
- College degree
- Furniture or Millwork fabrication, repair and installation experience required
- Experience in CAD and reading drawings required (3D programs a plus)
- Clean drivers license required. Experience in driving in NYC a plus
- Must have great client facing skills
To apply for this position please submit your resume, portfolio and cover letter highlighting relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letter will not be considered. Please also send your portfolio, any photos of your work and three job references. Furniture or Millwork fabrication, repair and installation experience is absolutely required. Salary and benefits are competitive and will reflect your experience.