Uhuru Design is seeking a Receptionist to join a young 40+ person team of creative professionals at our furniture design firm in Red Hook, Brooklyn. We are seeking a detail-oriented self-starter who is reliable and works well in a changing environment.
The primary role is to effectively and proactively improve our office environment and systems through reception and administrative assistance. This role will require an energetic office manager who will keep us in line with our mission statement and company culture, acting as the first point of contact to Uhuru stakeholders and clients.. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of administrative experience at a creative, product or interior design firm.
Uhuru Design – Uhuru has become one of the most sought after design companies in America. Founded in 2004 as a Brooklyn-based, bespoke furniture studio, Uhuru-which means freedom in Swahili-has grown organically into an internationally recognized luxury furniture brand.
- First line of communication and customer service
- Maintain personnel records
- Maintain company email groups and calendars through Google Suite
- Maintenance of office equipment
- Schedule and coordinate company outings and office events
- Front desk reception and phone duties
- Assist with general clerical/administrative duties as needed
- Responsible for general office upkeep and tidiness
- Manage Kitchen area –Unloading dishwasher, make coffee, reminders, trash
- Prepare office for meetings according to account manager/partner requests
- Coordinare and manage cleaning staff
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years of previous work related experience
- Experience in a creative environment a plus
- Experience with Quickbooks and ADP a plus
- Ability to lift 30 llbs (handling boxes, furniture, etc. from time to time)
To apply for this position please submit your resume and cover letter highlighting relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.