At the forefront of New American Design, and with pieces in the Smithsonian and Brooklyn Museum, Uhuru is the premier sustainable American furniture design firm. Founded in 2004, Uhuru has cultivated a client base that includes many of the world’s most distinguished brands and highest profile corporate, hospitality, residential, and retail projects. Uhuru is actively raising capital, positioning the company for massive growth in 2019, and is seeking a dynamic Project Assistant to join our growing Workplace Furniture team.
Reporting to Uhuru’s Project Director, the Workplace Project Assistant provides direct and dynamic support to the Senior Workplace Project Manager. This is a full time Brooklyn-based position. Some travel may be required.
Workplace Order Entry Process
- Create furniture purchase orders in Quickbooks
- Order Acknowledgements – Checking Proforma invoices against purchase orders for accuracy
Workplace Client Sign-Off Documents
- Assemble finish schedules and furniture summary sheets
- Create furniture keyplanes
Electrical and Mechanical Component Orders
- Gather forecast from accounts team to manage bulk orders
- Write purchase orders
- Create layout schematics for workstation modular electric
- Order Acknowledgements – Checking against purchase orders for accuracy
- Coordinate with logistics on shipping dates
- Track timing of workstation delivery to manage timely purchases
Test Fits and Space Planning
- Prepare test fits using CAD blocks for client proposals and orders
Oversee Installations and Punch List
- Assist installation teams on site with product questions
- Oversee completion of punch list items.
Skills and Qualifications
- College degree
- Experience in CAD, space-planning and reading drawings required (3D programs a plus)
- Clean drivers license required. Experience in driving in NYC a plus.
- Furniture or millwork fabrication, repair and installation experience a plus
To apply for this position please submit your resume, portfolio and cover letter highlighting relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject “Workplace Assistant.” Resumes without cover letter will not be considered. Please also send your portfolio, any photos of your work and three job references. Salary and benefits are competitive and will reflect your experience.