UHURU Design seeks a West Coast-based Senior Account Manager to support our expanding Business Development operations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our ideal candidate is a self-starting “intrepreneur” who thrives on strategic thinking and has a deep understanding of and love for design.
As Senior Account Manager you will be responsible for managing Uhuru’s customer experience from introduction to sale, and will be the face of our brand in San Francisco. You will be working remotely, in tandem with Uhuru’s Los Angeles and San Diego Account Managers and reporting to Uhuru’s Business Development Director in Brooklyn, NY. This role will be be primarily focused on Uhuru’s Workplace collection (www.uhurucontract.com) yet will represent the bredth of Uhuru’s brand and product range.
- Communicates value propositions of UHURU product and service offerings to qualified leads
- Conducts presentations and meetings to key clients
- Assists in developing our SF strategic market approach
- Utilizes peer-to-peer networking and social media to build relationships
- Develops new relationships in addition to building volume with existing accounts
- Maintains CRM information so Sales Leadership can accurately complete monthly forecasts of expected sales volume, by account, by product line
- Managed sales budget and eventual team growth in SF
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Design, Fine Art or related degree
- 10+ years of progressively successful contract or capital goods selling experience, preferably including experience in strategic sales planning with large, national accounts within the contract furniture industry
- Must have passion for the sales process with an understanding of its foundations, actively seeking opportunities, calculating risks, and committing to action
- Must have strong organizational and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to collaborate and negotiate
- Must be an assertive, self-starter with the self- confidence and ability to represent UHURU in a professional manner
- Demonstrated high personal performance standards, the desire and ability to continuously learn and must be results-oriented
- Ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software and tools used by UHURU
- Willingness and ability to travel as required
- Computer skills required and AutoCAD skills a plus
To apply for this position please submit your resume and cover letter highlighting relevant work experience to email@example.com.
www.uhurudesign.com / www.uhurucontract.com