Uhuru Design is seeking a Financial Controller to join a young 50+ person team of creative professionals at a multi-disciplinary design firm. We are seeking an innovative, detail-oriented self-starter with the drive to represent our financial management framework within a rapidly growing company. Ideally, you have experience working with a creative firm and have the desire to grow within a startup environment.
The controller position is accountable for the financial and accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards. Additionally, the Controller is also responsible for cash and risk management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Manage daily and projected cash flows
- Define bookkeeping policies and procedures
- Maintain accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Verify accuracy of accounts by reconciling entries
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Establish and maintain monthly closing procedure
- Prepare annual budget and financial forecast
- Management of budget on monthly and quarterly basis (via Quickbooks and excel) with real-time variances reporting
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual tax returns
- Quarterly reports Division profitability and performance
- Develop and manage a suite of ratios and KPIs to help manage company financial health
- Manage Bookkeeping, and review/record entries in Quickbooks as required
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, follow up with clients and vendors
- Prepare monthly financial statements for review with ownership
To apply for this position please submit your resume and cover letter highlighting relevant work experience to email@example.com.